Upgrading Fuses

Have a Audio Research Ref 3 and am considering upgrading the fuses but I am a little skeptical. Would like to hear from people who have try this. Hard to believe that fuses can make a substantial difference like the manufacturers claim. All advice appreciated.
128x128needfreestuff
Jeff_Jones,

Point taken. But there are companies that did their homework and there are those that simply jumped on the bandwagon, diluting the process.
And yes, there will be glowing testimonials from those that want to hear and then there are those that did hear a difference. Mine sounded simply horrible for the first few days. There was no getting used to the sound as it simply sucked. But it changed, dramatically, for the better. I didn't think a fuse could have that much effect. YMMV.
In the end, 'if you are inclined to try it and it is cheap then what the heck' does apply.
I just replaced the fuses in my Perfect Wave DAC and PW transport with Hifi Tuning Supremes, which were created in cooperation with the famous Mundorf company, whose parts are used in some of the best audiophile gear in the world. Each of the four fuses cost $55, so the total upgrade set me back $220. I had a 100 percent money back guarantee and my dealer agreed to cover return shipping if I wasn't happy. No risk, nothing at stake.

I have replaced entire components that did not yield the kind of results I'm hearing from these fuses. I've been an audiophile for 20 years and this is the cheapest and most effective equipment upgrade I've ever made. High frequencies are smoother, yet there's no loss of detail. Bass is more melodic and there is a "liveness" to instruments that is truly startling. One warning: they take about 80-100 hours of playback before they are at their best. Take them out and put the old fuses back in. You won't be able to put the Hifi fuses back in quickly enough.

These fuses are a no brainer. I've yet to talk to a professional "tweaker" or "modifier" who disagrees. most audio designers will tell you, anything that affects electricity is part of an audio component's signal path. The folks at Conrad-Johnson are famous for saying that "all parts have a sound." But in the end, forget theory and listen for yourself. That's all that matters. I'm always amazed at people who scoff at something that they've never actually listened to themselves. With something this affordable and given that all dealers have a return policy, there's really no excuse for not learning the truth first hand.
I used the gold fuses on my Ref3 and on a few other components , the results were small but worthwhile .
I've used Hi-Fi tuning fuses in my Almarro amp and my CD player and I almost heard a difference.
That's $90 for almost.