AXPONA 2011 Atlanta reports/thoughts?

This was my first show......I really enjoyed checking out all the gear. I was really impressed with the sound in the Scaena room as well as the MBL room.
I know this has been probably been discussed before, but someone really needs to tell all these sponsors, distributors, and people to LIGHTEN UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There were times that I didn't even feel welcome in certain rooms. In this economy, if I want to listen to one of my tunes on a $60,000 pair of loudspeakers, you should damn well roll out the red carpet. I understand "screening" tracks so no one plays gangster rap or 2 Live Crew or something that's offensive, but don't give me the third degree about whether or not my song will make your speakers sound good. Thoughts?
audioguy3107
I don't think I saw any Polk Audio products. Closest thing to mass market I saw was some Marantz components, but that's about it.
"I know this has been probably been discussed before, but someone really needs to tell all these sponsors, distributors, and people to LIGHTEN UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There were times that I didn't even feel welcome in certain rooms. In this economy, if I want to listen to one of my tunes on a $60,000 pair of loudspeakers, you should damn well roll out the red carpet."

I hear you Audioguy and contrary to what some of the above posters have stated I find that this is more common in this industry than most others. I've also encountered this attitude in stores as well. To counter that I have also met some of the most interesting and truly interested people that go out of their way to educate and accomodate. I've often wondered if some of the "strange" ones have psychological disorders or they are so jaded that they just don't care or maybe they can't interact normally with potential customers, but I have spent plenty of time wondering because I have seen SO MUCH of what you saw at your first show, too bad. It is one of the things I truly detest about these shows because I ALWAYS find more than one with the attitude you describe. What up with this?
I was there Friday afternoon but missed ..I'd really like to hear any impressions of the new Abbington Music Reference DAC!
Was this a consumer show or targeted at the trade? I think that makes a difference in terms of how accommodating the exhibitors need to be to our requests.
Hi

AXPONA is coming to the NY area on June 24 & 25 and I'm thinking about going. My reservations in not attending is due to some of the posts above and that I'm not in any position to buy any high dollar value audio equipment. I'd just like to see and listen to some of the expensive audio equipment I read about in person. If exhibitors know your not serious about buying but conduct yourself in a professional manner would any of them still give you the time of day? I'm not looking for VIP treatment but may be some interaction.

Thanks