Lone Star Audio Festival - Dallas 2011

Anyone going? It will be my first show ever to have attended, looking forward to it.
128x128quadophile
Duke,

I look forward to meeting you for sure! I moved to the US in 2007 and had to give up all of it before coming. I actually forgot to update that, I will now post an update there so as not to confuse anyone that I still have all those components.

The only thing I had when I arrived was the Sennheiser HD-600 headphones and Headroom Total bithead as far as equipment was concerned and I managed to bring with me some 80 albums from the 1400 I had. It is not a good feeling when I look back and realize what I had back then. One day I hope I will be able to get to the point where I left off.

Thanks for responding.
Hope you guys are having a blast! Wanted to attend but unable to.

Look forward to hearing impressions from you all.

Sebrof, every time I read your gooogler response to me it cracks me up! Thanks for the laugh!

Best,

Dave
The show was great and so were the exhibitors, a great experience indeed!

I sure will try to make it next year too.

Hands down the best sounding system that I heard there was the Raven Audio room! The system was incredibly musical and had great detail and resolution, Given the right room this system would sound even better. The entire team of Raven Audio was very courteous, polite and professional including Dave's wife! I had a listen to it on Saturday and made it a point to hear it again as the last system before leaving so that it leaves a good taste in my mouth.
....continued

Richard Gray's SET prototype amp @ 6 watts per channel was another great product driving the baffle-less speakers. I enjoyed his company while listen to music late Friday night without knowing he was somewhat of a celebrity in his field of power conditioning.

The "Carmel" speakers were very impressive too, great finish and a very good sound.

D-Sonic audio room was was also a very enjoyable place to listen to Dennis Deacon's system as it was well setup and sounded great. His amps sound even better than what I had heard before, great detail and power. Last but not least one of the most beautifully finished in the price category. They sure look much more expensive than what the price of those amps is.

The Lighter Note Preamp from Uriah Daily seemed to be in every third room I visited which goes on to show how much it is liked by the DIY community.

Overall a great show, however I had very bad experience in a couple of rooms I visited, not the exhibitors but the so called audiophile visitors were "barking" while some of us were trying hard to listen to the system. If I had a shotgun with me I swear I would have used it! Enough said!