Lone Star Audio Festival - Dallas 2011

Anyone going? It will be my first show ever to have attended, looking forward to it.
128x128quadophile
For anyone reading and going for their fist time there are 3 rooms in particular you MUST see. Duke Legune (Lejune?) of Audio Kinesis. Wayne Parham of Pi Speakers. Danny Richie (Ritchie?)/Dodd/Tranquility DAC/The Magic Buss. I am sure I spelled several guys names wrong there but the last one is a collaboration of several guys work in one room. All 3 rooms are completely magical. No one knows how to make a room more fun than Wayne. Very comfortable listening and such a relaxed guy. His speakers are A+. Duke is one of the nicest guys I have EVER met. EVER. A true gentleman. Always smiling and always with something good to say about his competitors. Just a 'feel good' room. Another thing about that room that is 'feel good' is the sound. The speakers are soooo smooth and he has figured a way to get his horns to not have a sweet spot but a sweet swath. You can sit anywhere on a couch in front of them and they sound the same from one end of the couch to another. The BASS is unbelievable. Ask him to play the Japanese Drums disc. Amazing.
The room of collaborators is one of the best rooms at LSAF. The guys are all very kind and good company. They system synergy there is knockout. Dont miss it.
Have fun and make friends before dinner. If you want to go out drinking that night try to drum up a party before the end of they day.
Uriah
I'll be there demonstrating Dennis Deacon's D-Sonic Magnum 500S ICEpower stereo amp. Other equipment will include the new Oppo BDP-95 universal player, a Parasound P3 preamp, and a high sensitivity (95dB) version of the AudioKarma EconoWaveguide speakers.
Thank you very much, Uriah.

One of Uriah's preamps will be in my room (I'm not sure he knew that until now; I think I forgot to tell him I'd be using it). The preamp he loaned me last year played a major role in any good sounds we had going on in there, so much so that I bought one.

I'll be showing an evolution of last year's speakers, and Richard Gray will be providing the amplification. Yes, *that* Richard Gray... he's been quietly building tube amps for decades.

Looking forward to meeting you, Quadophile! Now one of the really neat things about Lone Star is rooms like Fred's - that is, hardcore hobbyist rooms. In fact, you'll notice quite a bit of similarity between what Fred's doing as a hobbyist and I'm doing for money.

In fact, you could exhibit too, if you wanted. I clicked on the link to your "system" page, and you've got some very cool stuff that many of us have only read about, or haven't heard in a long time but have fond memories of. If you don't have an accomplice, you wouldn't need to leave your room open all the time - just when you felt like it, in between "making the rounds". If it's logistically feasible, you might consider it.

Duke
Duke,

I look forward to meeting you for sure! I moved to the US in 2007 and had to give up all of it before coming. I actually forgot to update that, I will now post an update there so as not to confuse anyone that I still have all those components.

The only thing I had when I arrived was the Sennheiser HD-600 headphones and Headroom Total bithead as far as equipment was concerned and I managed to bring with me some 80 albums from the 1400 I had. It is not a good feeling when I look back and realize what I had back then. One day I hope I will be able to get to the point where I left off.

Thanks for responding.