Disappointing Evening

I had some dinner guest's over last evening. I had my main system warming up just in case there was some interest from them in audio. I have a second system that was playing when they arrived. It's a Bang & Olufsen BeoSound 9000 that my inlaws gave me a few years back. Well soon enough a couple of them were commenting about the good music, so I asked if they would like to hear my pride and joy system, mostly all tube gear that (IMO) looks pretty cool with all the tubes lit up and sounds way better than the B&O stuff. No interest at all in the tube system and they hovered around the B&O loving the way the glass door opened and the arm moved to each CD. Boy was I insulted, all the time, money and energy I have in my tube system!
markpao
Mrtennis, if you didn't have "such a need" you would not have written what you did. Think about it.
We all have this need.
Someone sounds like a school kid trying to impress a girl. With my middle age bulge and all, I have young girls flirt with me at the beach (lake/ocean), hotel pool, when I'm just in my swim suit. They don't know what I drive, bank account, etc. If we only could live our life like the older show called Boeing-Boeing. LOL.
We live in a material world, that doesn't mean it's bad. It's for us to enjoy and it's truly what you make it, good or bad. As Lrsky has stated, we are all human and with that comes a lot of shortcomings. Pretending that we are above it all is not spirituality, but pretense. One man believes that he is sharing, while another perceives that he is trying to impress.
i don't have the need to impress. i am more concerned about mywn thoughts about something than other people's opinion of my posessions, appearance, or ideas.

i am not easily influenced by others unless they can argue logically and offer a basis for their positions.

i tend not to pay too much attention to trivia, or tv shows or movies.

i'm not stylish and tend to be a bit sloppy.

i don't understand why so many people are so concerned what others think of them.
One of the worst things you can do is play BS music when entertaining. What do I mean? There's a member of this site, who played a CD of music that lasted no more than 10 seconds each.

He marveled at the soundstage, timbre and image specificity. To call his selection "music", would be a misleading. "Aural gobbledygook" seems correct.