Eminent Technology ET-2 Tonearm Owners

Where are you? What mods have you done ?

I have been using these ET2's for over 9 years now.
I am still figuring them out and learning from them. They can be modified in so many ways. Bruce Thigpen laid down the GENIUS behind this tonearm over 20 years ago. Some of you have owned them for over 20 years !

Tell us your secrets.

New owners – what questions do you have ?

We may even be able to coax Bruce to post here. :^)

There are so many modifications that can be done.

Dressing of the wire with this arm is critical to get optimum sonics along with proper counterweight setup.

Let me start it off.

Please tell us what you have found to be the best wire for the ET-2 tonearm ? One that is pliable/doesn’t crink or curl. Whats the best way of dressing it so it doesn’t impact the arm. Through the spindle - Over the manifold - Below manifold ? What have you come up with ?
128x128ct0517
10-28-13: Ct0517
Now you can maybe sell Richard one of your extra Mag wands that he desires ?
Economics 101 - from my university days -
If one were to put a value on the time spent trawling the net for a second hand arm wand, one would find that it is indeed more economic to simply purchase a new Magnesium wand direct from Eminent Technology. According to my last correspondence with Bruce a few months ago, they were still available, albeit there is no lead filled version for those who ill advisedly continue to attempt to make a Kuzma out of an ET.
Well, the package arrived today, very well packed. Two Magnesium wands, one aluminum, two full et2 tonearms without arm wands but with damping troughs installed. One extra base, one extra arm lift rod.

One of the arms has a 19mm tube, the other 16mm, so am I to assume that the bigger one is a et2.5, or has a high pressure manifold? Have I finally got one after 6 purchases? (i had sold one earlier this year)the fatter one looks a little newer too, less wear on the writing, but both look in very good shape.

Big honkin air chamber. 6" pvc about 2.5' long. Big pressure guage to on the air chamber, and a bunch of little parts like vtf weights and arms. I'll get them up and running, and see which I will keep, and on what.
If appears you've struck an ET 2.0 2.5 motherlode Manitunc.

Big honkin air chamber. 6" pvc about 2.5' long

An indicator to me that someone understood how important air delivery was and was careful with his stuff.

thats the type of surge tank - PVC - different dimensions that I used with my Medo pump before my current one.

Look inside the pipe - maybe there is a surprise :^)
But its probably sealed with silicone.

Would have liked to have seen the look on your face when u opened up the package.

Did you get multiple I beams or a set of loose leaf springs in any of the containers?
With multiple cartridges on different ET2's and a ET 2.5, I would be setting up some single, double, and triple leaf spring I Beams ready to go - to dial the cartridges into your room.

What a great hobby? Congratulations
I have some extra I beams,but not leaf springs. What is the advantage of multiple leaf springs or am I now entering another world of obsessive complusive behaviour.

Yeah, the tank is much bigger than my previous 4" round, 18" long chamber. What PSI does the et2.5 run at?