Refrigerator noise

Seriously guys, how do you deal with it? My fridge is in the vicinity of my living room with all my equipment. It's pretty old machine, and the compressor is making noise almost half the time it's on ( seems to me pretty unusual, when I go to see my friends I never hear anything). I even set the level lower, but to no avail. Anybody with a similar problem? How can you check noise of a new fridge in a fairly loud environment of big store? Any recommendation (brand names)? No ice boxes please... :-)
branislav
Post removed 
Does you compressor use a fan to cool down the condencer section or is there a coil on the back of the frig?
You can put a sound jacket over the compressor. Just make sure it is only over the compressor and does not block air flow if you have a fan assist condencer. If you have the coil on the back of the frig just cover the compressor and there is no air flow to worry about. You can use most anything you want. Try an old childs jacket. Do not block you drain pan either.
Tvad, we recently bought an LG refrigerator, and though it doesn't hold as much volume as one might expect, the layout further compromises capacity, and the quality of plastic is not up to the job at hand, it is indeed very, very quiet.
Post removed 
Are there any devices to plug between the refrigerator and the wall that prevent motor noise from entering the whole AC system?