Does ProGold have a shelf life?

So I'm sitting here using my G100 applicator on my new system and I'm realizing that I've been using the same bottle of this stuff for like five years.

And then it occurs to me -- well, you just finished DeOxing all of those connections (the DeOxit is relativley new) getting them nice and sparkly, and maybe you just wasted all the effort by spreading defunct ProGold all over them.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

--dan
dgaylin
why not check with the manufacturer, CAIG, right? This is a chemical/formulation/shelf life issue and they should know. Let us know what they say!
Here's your answer straight from Caig:
http://store.caig.com/s.nl/sc.12/category.238/.f
Thanks guys! And of course, BUMMER. It does have a shelf life, and even if I take an optimistic interpretation of "conservative ratings" of 2-3 years, 5 years is too old.

How fun for me to redo all of that.

Sometimes this hobby can be annoying.
OK, so the CAIG products are guaranteed for 1 year & they have a shelf-life for 2-3 years.
So, what if you use an expired product that has been kept under the manuf recommended storage conditions?
IMHO the efficacy of the product is reduced. That just means you need to use more of the product to achieve the desired results. It's not like the expired product (assumption: product kept under the manuf recommended storage conditions) has broken down & is totally useless. I find that hard to believe.
IMHO, Dgaylin, you might be over-fretting -
Your connectors are shiny & clean but spraying older Pro Gold just means that your connectors will not remain shiny & clean for as long as a newer Pro Gold would allow.
Bombay, the chemists would probably disagree with your read on this. How can you say the chemical components have not broken down and become useless? That is pure conjecture. Everything has a shelf life.