Are there any Violin or Cello players out there?

I was reading a thread and one member mentioned that he was a professional musician. I was wondering if there were any of you that play the Violin or Cello.

I found an interesting company that manufactures both. They are made from Carbon Fiber, are said to sound terrific and are cheap, when compared to the cost of a really good wood instrument. The company is Luis and Clark.

Has anyone heard of them?
sounds_real_audio
I'm no Violin player but we have a young virtuoso in B.C. Canada Ms. Choi. And she claims her Stradaveri can never be made again because of global warming. (won't get the right kind of growth for the wood)

If you believe that piffle then you'll probably believe any nonsense...
If you believe that piffle then you'll probably believe any nonsense...

Shadorne - I believe it after watching "Red Violin". I pretty much believe "any nonsense" as you stated (with exception of shadow government, black helicopters and area 51).
Ms. Choi seems to be a sad representative of the typical follower of New Age science 'curriculum'. . . If the ideal pine no longer can be found on the Northern slope of the Southern Alps, all she would need is to fell timber from slopes from the more Northern Alp ranges. . . besides, who said that there is no perfectly good pine outside the Great Alps region?
Stradivari and the old Cremonese masters limited themselves to Italian timber because the local supply was most available and least expensive. . . and that is why certain instruments by such luthiers as testori--and even Antonio Stradivari I so believe--featured backs made from supremely inexpensive poplar, which could be felled from their respective backyards. . . or just a few kilometers down the road, along the banks of the river Adda and Ticino.
But of course. . . New Age explanations have so much more Romantic alure. G.
Guido - The oak floor you walk on is different in color and hardness from northern and southern states. Woods suitable for making instruments such as guitar have the highest ratio of strength to weight (cedar, spruce). Origin of the spruce, for instance, attributes for different sound of the instrument. Type of the spruce and origin is often listed with instrument advertising (German Sitka spruce etc.)
Thank you Kijanki. My point exactly, I am sure that if needed, appropriately dense spruce could be sourced from as north as the Arctic circle. BTW, I stand corrected, the latin name of genus Picea used to fabricate the top of violins translates to the English term spruce, not pine as I erroneously implied above. Guido