Audiophiles get NO respect

This is not a new observation but it still hurts. Here's an excerpt from an article in the latest GQ (Jan, p. 188) on the problem with overly loud cd mastering:

"There's a lot of stuff written about CD mastering that ventures into the realm of the audiophile, where squabbles over coaxial cables and sub pre-outs are conducted by the kind of men you suspect may never have seen a lady naked, or at least not in the flesh."

Ouch! LOL!!
kublakhan
Roco not attractive?? What, are you guys blind! He's the Dude...the main man. That and he's the only one who's always happy to see me when I come home at the end of the day. Regarding the posting of wifey pics...I see guys here on the Gon post pics of their cars, motorcycles, houses, pets, etc....personally, I have always preferred beautiful women more than (most) material things. Didn't mean to hit a nerve with some of you...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I did see a famous audiophile writer at a meeting once. His dress code could only be described as "Hawaiian Tourist Nightmare" shorts and all, he looked like something Godzilla picked up on the shore, chewed and spit out. I could barely follow his elegant and decorous speaking about audio because of the way he looked, and fashion is not my thing. He looked like he had been released from a Cuban jail in somebody else's clothes.
Yes, I agree, many audiophiles do not know how to dress. That is why I am developing a line of audiophile tee shirts. We will cover the tube heads, the vinyl spinners, the solid state, and even the Server people...Are you being Served? Hell, I even have a design for the WAF phile.
This is serious stuff. Coming to a hi-end audio outlet soon.