Audio Magic and other Power Line Conditioners

I hope to soon upgrade my PLC. I'm currently using isolation transformers on each of my digital front end power cords (1 for the transport and 2 for the dac). I don't have any AC filtration/conditioning for the amp. I've tried a Velocitor in place of my current set up. While it did some things very well (space, speed,transients,) I found the overall sound a little threadbare and lacking in substance/solidity. At the time I felt that, even with a change of power cords, the sound would still be a little to ghost like for my taste.

I guess what I'm looking for is something inbetween what I've got now (transformers) and what the Velocitor offers. I like the lucidity/warmth of the isolation transformers, but I know I'm giving up speed (timing), transient defintion etc. I was wondering about other peoples experience, especially with regard to plugging their amps into the conditioners. (I've got 2 sub amps and 1 SS 100W stereo amp, none of which are being filtered)

Cheers
jpagan
Jpagan, I've had a few including the Hydra and PS Premier. No matter what anyone recommends to you or how great they say it is in their system, their opinion is just their opinion. These devices work well in some systems and poorly in others. All you can do is try them out and hear what you like. The rest is a crapshoot with PLC's and regenerators.
Has anyone tried out the new 3D MAX from Clarity Cable yet? This is a new type of power conditioner... http://www.claritycable.com/index.php/site/power_conditioner/
The new Synergistic Research Power Cell is similar to the Clarity Cable unit in that it doesn't use transformers, capacitors or inductors to do it's noise scrubbing.