Autos with stock awsome sound systems; Recomend?

Howdy. My wife & I are due for a new car. While I am happy with the JBL system in my Avalon, my wife is less than enthused with her 96' Lexus. Since we are going to be spending major $, anyone really impressed with their stock system in their cruiser? We are not talking concert levels here, just an impressive system from the showroom floor.
Thanks for any input,
John
jsd52756
Almost hate to admit it, but I love my Boze system in my Audi A6....it kicks butt!
I can't say that I've heard one myself but Volvo has a number of vehicles which have Dynaudio systems in them. It would definitely be worth a listen if that particular make of car is of interest to you. I just did a quick search and it appears as though Dynaudio has some of their gear in certain Volkswagen models as well.
Jsd,

Quite please with the Levinson system in my '06 Lexus GS300. Its 14 speakers w/ 330 watts are very clear even at 18 year old levels :) with not a hint of breakup! Most impressive to me though, is how nicely it images.

Good luck on your search.

Cheers,
Garry
Why buy a car around audio system? I mean to say there are gizmos for sale in Crutchfield and so fourth that allow you to keep stock unit and optimize its sound, speakers are easy to swap and if your spending big bucks deal with the car you really weant then tweak it. My Enovy's Bose system is pretty good but not exceptional. My parents have a couple of Lexus systems and they dont sound all that great.
I had Bose systems in my last two cars and was not at all impressed with their performance.

The sound was always "in your face," including loose bass and punched up EQ sounding mids and highs. I even set the EQ to "below flat," in an attempt to repair the skewed frequency problems, to no avail.

Last week I bought a BMW X-5 and the sound system in it is really excellent.

Now I find myself listening to CD or radio every time I get in this car, and actually liking it. I can't say who built the sound system. It's not marked up with logos like most.