Your single most significant purchase mistake?

Your most significant regret for having bought? Big expectations and an even bigger letdown? The one you kicked yourself the hardest for ever having bight 

128x128zavato

Ag insider logo xs@2x

cleeds

4,177 posts

Aurender N100H. Unstable, couldn't withstand power outages, factory support that couldn't be bothered to read the user's email complaint. Dumped it at a loss through TMR because I couldn't with a clear conscience sell it directly to a fellow audiophile.

I had purchased the N100H new from my ARC dealer. It wasn't defective other than arguably by design. Ugh.

I think I bought this unit from TMR. This was my exact experience on that specific unit. I way over payed on the front end. I didn't realize I had to pay sales tax on top of it.

I couldn't keep it working for more than 2 weeks at a time. I was constantly on the phone with Arie/Aurender support. Arie was very gracious with his help. I believe I sent it in for service at least 3 times. The last repair they rebuilt the whole unit. I kept it to make sure it worked properly. After that I traded up with an authorized dealer. It ended up okay....but was a horrible purchase and experience while I owned it.

Goldnote PA-10 I ran them as mono-blocks and after 500 hours they sounded worse. Sold them and the guy who bought them loved them. ???

One mans garbage is another mans gold...note.

I love McIntosh (despite all the hate they draw) and still own it, but the MC7106 I bought years ago could not leave my home fast enough. Granted, it was a 6 channel amp designed for HT, but could be bridged to the tune of 320 watts of bad sound for even more bad sound headroom. I'm not sure I would even use it for home theater.