Your Favorite, Most Outstanding Guitar Solo

Of all the musical performances I own on recorded format, whether they be LP or CD, there are certain guitar solos that are the most engaging and memorable. You know, the ones that when they're over, you just sit there speechless, wondering "How the hell did they just do that"?

As with anything, there are certain performances when everything was "just right". When the musician had that "perfect connection" between themselves and the instrument. This is not limited to acoustic or electric, live or studio, or any specific discipline of music. It also does not necessarily have to be your favorite guitarist. Very simply, your favorite guitar solo.

I would like to hear your opinions. This would be a great thread for providing exposure to other listeners, to material that they may be unaware of. If possible, also name the album that the solo is from.

My two favorites would have to be:

Jeff Beck / "The Golden Road" off of "There And Back".

John Mc Laughlin / "Every Tear From Every Eye" off of "Electric Guitarist"

Thanks for your responses.

128x128buscis2
Just because these two guys deserve some mention:

George Harrison, "Till There Was You," the Beatles

Paul McCartney, "Taxman," the Beatles

also check out Clapton's playing on "Here in the Dark" from Taj Mahal's "Phantom Blues" CD--it is killer-diller.
Hey Rathmullan,
Thanks for reviving an old but great thread.

The one favorite of mine I did not see mentioned is Mick Ralphs playing "Ready for Love/After lights" with Mott the Hoople.
Rathmullan,

You made a great choice, but I don't think Matthew Sweet played that solo. The band that recorded Girlfriend included Ivan Julien, Robert Quine, and Richard Lloyd - three monster electric guitarists. Sweet is an underrated player and might have handled it himself, but AFAIK he has more often (tho not always) played acoustic guitar and delegated the leads to others on his records. He seems to be a true fan and has played and/or recorded with a ridiculous array of great players - including the three listed above.

Sweet has certainly made records where he handles all guitars - but that's usually indicated in the liner notes. He tracked a few stunning leads on "In Reverse" IIRC and he's always acquitted himself remarkably well on the leads when he goes there, but I tend to doubt he played any of the lead parts on Girlfriend. I could be wrong and, either way, it's a great solo and a cool choice.

Marty
All of you would-be guitarists:
The solo from "Badge" (Cream - Goodbye) is a total mind-f***.
Learning it is my greatest accomplishment on guitar
(truth be told, I still haven't mastered the final descending notes -some kind of mental block).
Anyone who can faithfully play it deserves a Klondike Bar.