Your favorite male soul voices

My favorites:   Marvin Gaye
                        Luther Vandross
                        Ronald Isley
goldilocks
Re those not yet mentioned:
Although not at all a fan of disco, has anybody ever heard Jimmy Ellis scream "Satisfaction, came in a chain reaction"(Disco Inferno). Don’t know much else about the group but boy did that guy have lungs.

Dennis Edwards-Temptations (after Ruffin)
I can't see James Taylor and Jim Morrison on a list of great soul singers.

In fact, I don't see any of these folks on a SOUL list:

Chris Stapelton
James Taylor
Willie Nelson
Johnny Cash
Kenny Rodgers
Kris Krisoferson

All great singers in their own right, and some of them might have some 'soul' but they are not soul singers.

I think some folks missed the "soul" part.
Hey.
Many great voices listed here but Donny Hathaway deserves a spot near the top of the list. Not only a great voice but also a brilliant song writer and arranger.
Great list!!!!!

I'll add EARLY Lou Rawls.  Check out his album with Les McCann and Les's trio.  I just lent a copy to a new 'phile friend I met here on the 'Gon.  He reluctantly borrowed it and told me when I visited him and his rig that it is amazing.  

Please please do yourself a favor and listen to Lou Rawls & Les McCann Stormy Monday. The album is amazing.  Listen to how well it's recorded.  Listen to how Lou (I think he's in his 20s) handles these standards and develops them with great vibrato and that amazing Lou deep tone.  He has such moxy in spots. Such attitude.  Give Outskirts of Town a roll.