yet another tube preamp recommendation thread

hello, currently looking for tube preamp linestage upgrade recommentations.
recently tried an older cary audio slp98p f1 edition with new tubes. i do not need phono capability.
the cary had a lot going for it, an incredible midrange, very good bass and transparency, it just sounded unrefined and ragged in the treble on occasion, possibly due to the new tubes.
a new Slp 98 l with upgrades is a considetation.
also considering primaluna evo 300 or 400
and rogue audio rp7.
i value transparency, refinement and dynamics the most.
thanks.
avanti1960
@avanti1960,

Very nice room and audio system. If you want end game tube preamp and your budget allows, look for Shindo Labs Aurieges or Monbrison. Once you hear these preamps, only then you will realize what you have been missing in the competition. 
you should look seriously at the KR P-135.  It is a 45 based preamp and throws out a huge sound-stage with tons of dynamics.  This is the review from Positive Feedback.  

https://positive-feedback.com/reviews/hardware-reviews/kr-audio-p-135-preamplifier/

Full disclosure, I am a KR dealer but this is a pretty special preamp.  I would also suggest you look at the Art Audio Conductor but that is a bit above the price range you have listed.  It is highly customizable with switchable gain and it has an amazing headphone amp. 
I second Aric Audio! I have the original Motherlode with a Coda Model 16, and I have put the brakes on the the constant hunt for sonic bliss!
Avanti, if you want bullet proof reliability and service find a used ARC preamp. I know of units that are 50 years old and operating perfectly not to mention they sound wonderful. 
What sort of amplifier is being used- tube or solid state, single-ended input or balanced?