WOW Aerial 10T vs. B&W 801II/III

Not sure if there is anyone out there that has had the luxury of comparing these two speakers, but WOW!

I have been a HUGE B&W fan for years, owned 801F, 801-80's, 801II, 801II with NorthCreeks, 801III and even the 802Nautilus! I happen to prefer the 801II (with or without the NorthCreeks) over all the other B&Ws mentioned above.

UNTIL TODAY, when I purchased a set of 10T's! They are awesome! The bass is very tight and extremely deep! Mids are detailed and the soundstage is far better than that of the 801's!

Has anyone else listened to these differences?

Am I nuts?

Dan
Ag insider logo xs@2xporschecab

Showing 1 response by piezo

To see Weiserb using A VTL 150 shocked me. THe Aerial folks told me not to consider anything less than a pair of VTL 185 or 250 monos. I called them because one of the shows where the 10-Ts did so well was based on VTL amps. The fact that the manufacturer uses tube gear kind of kills the need for SS myth i would say. High current, however is a must for the best performance regardless of the amp type. I have to admit, after a long arduous struggle a pair of Dunlavys won out over the 10-Ts due to the Dunlavy being a much more open speaker. But between the 10-T and the 801 there was never a contest, the Aerials slaughtered them.