Would you get a pair of B&W 804 d3 ?

I can have a nice 30% discount on a used pair of those. Is it a much better speaker than the D2 version, more dynamic ?

Did some of you have been able to compare it to the Focal Sopra 2 or Magico A3 ? Is it competitive ?If not, what would you get instead and why?

Thanks for your input.

techno_dude
I've owned the 804D3 for better part of a year and think it's the best I've owned. They don't come with stabilizing platforms so if you have small children or pets, you'll have to improvise. I bought some amp stands from Timbernation which work well when bolted to the bottoms.
Don't expect sub-woofer quality bass, but mids and highs are world-class.

@dweller - I recently upgraded from 805 D2 to a set of 805 D3.  I actually found a significant increase in bass and midbass response.  That being said, a good amount of bass in a speaker is due to the power of the amplifier and the type/number of fuses. Stock fuses have a tendancy to be a little thin/bright sounding and may not actually allow current to transfer the strong bass signals.

The new D3 series is a huge improvement over D2.  It resolves any of the breakup/harsh/distortion characteristics of the D2 Kevlar drivers.  They are extremely dynamic and very responsive.  I think they are just about the most natural and realistic speaker (though opinions will definitely be different).

The Focal Sopra has the Focal voicing, which can be bright, cold and thin sounding in my opinion. If you love Focal, then buy it.  But listen to it first.  Magico is more of a flat laid back type of sound. Nothing exciting.  Maybe just a little bit like Sonus Faber, but not that laid back in the midrange.

Never eard Magico, but I thought they were more upfront and fast speakers than B&W.