Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart...RIP

Tomorrow, Dec 5th, is the 212 th anaversary of his death. Only 35 years old.

Another thread recently got sidelined into a stupid comparison of Beethoven vs Mozart, as if it was a zero sum game where one had to be downgraded so as to elevate the other. Tomorrow we should remember him, without question the greatest natural musical genius that ever lived. Truly Amadeus.
eldartford

Showing 4 responses by yu11375

The biased image of Mozart portrayed by “Amadeus” always diminishes the pleasure to enjoy this movie. Serving as a stage play should be fine. But presenting an illusory story through mass media should be more cautious when managing the subject like Mozart.

Same can be applied to “Immortal Beloved”.
True genius indeed!

“If I see Beethoven now, I will raise and bow to show my respect. If I see Mozart now, I will be faint.” famed maestro Karl Boehm once stated.

So two weeks from now on 12/17 we should be celebrating Beethoven’s 233th anniversary of his birth. Just a suggestion.

Happy Listening.

Otto
The movie “Amadeus” is entertaining. But manipulating historical information so intentionally to mistakenly portray Mozart and other related figures in order to simulate the interests of audiences is an act of moral unconsciousness and rather irresponsible.

Here is the detail information regarding the controversial subjects in the movie.

Title: “Amadeus” and Mozart Setting the Record Straight

http://www.mozartproject.org/essays/brown.html

It is a 17-page long essay written by Dr. A. Peter Brown who teaches in the School of Music at Indiana University.

If you are true Mozart fans, please do review it and share it with people who enjoy the movie “Amadeus”.

Happy Listening.

Otto
Maynard Soloman's biographies are very subjective and authoritative.

On the way to office this morning Mozart’s symphonies performed by Klemperer accompanied me. What a drive!

Happy Listening.

Otto