WILL THE NEW 60,000 AVALON ISIS BE THE BEST YET?

Hi,I have had the new Avalon Isis for about a week now and put about 125 hours on them and I believe this is Avalon finest moment to date.The speaker is big but not a huge footprint 60x14x17 and it is actually more transparent and detailed than the diamond and it has the slam and bass that has never been heard thru a avalon speaker,and to top it off it is 90 db efficient.Mine is still breaking in but I believe you will hear a lot about this speaker before to long.
strapper211

Showing 3 responses by gregm

Sirspeedy sez
why should I not be genuinely happy for a fellow audiophile who has already committed money to a product?I'm truly happy that someone like Strapper is enthused about his wonderful speaker!
Bravo, Sirspeedy! A commendable if rare attitude, IMO.
What would I gain from diminishing his desire to buy said product
I would add, "...from diminishing his..." enthusiasm/ glee/ pride/ happiness (after all)...

Very well said, thank you!
Or you can buy Accuton based kits from the likes of W.A.R.
Using a kit would be a pre-requisite first step, for anyone wishing to build an Accuton based speaker (unless one is very experienced. I, for one, am not).
They are very difficult drivers and designing a system from scratch (even with the help of a dsp) would be extremely difficult IMO.
And expensive, too. At the price level of Accuton, one may find happiness with the likes of Supravox, Phy, Lowther, Fostex... (many others)
Buy a kit based on a tried design by a confirmed engineer (often the same engineers who design spkrs for commercial manufacturers). You'll get the mechanical design for the cabinet, the electronic parts, matls... Spend a WE assembling it -- and you'll nejoy yourself immensely!