Will a Wattgate 20A IEC female end fit AR VS115?

I found to my chagrin, that a Furutech 20A IEC plug on an aftermarket power cord will not seat all the way on my AR VS115 amp because the fuse holder protrudes right above the amps power receptacle. The main body of the Furutech butts up against the protruding fuse holder before the plug can seat fully. The Wattgate has a low shoulder between body and plug, which may be just enough to allow full seating. If anyone is using a Wattgate with success on a VS115, please let me know. I plan to just rewire the cord.
shuteye

Showing 3 responses by chashas1

A good friend has one, I know he uses different power cords so I'll check back after I visit and see what all he uses.
btw Jea48, the only person who left ARC was Bill Johnson, who hasn't done any work there in quite some time. He's been living in California...
Shuteye, you are correct. It is very hard to find an aftermarket that fits the VS115. My friend tried, and went back to the stock cord. although, the stock cord seems very hefty. You just don't get a lot of clearance above the IEC slot. It can't fit one of the big round plugs like an oyaida. You might check with several of the online wire suppliers, like vh audio..they have great photos to size up the plug end... good luck!

And agreed, I have no idea what agenda Jea48 has....I doubt with the new Anniversary preamp about to come out they are cutting any costs...
Okay, Jea, you're off the hook--by agenda I meant why you kept going on about the future of ARC...

Agree on the spacing predicament, but maybe they didn't want people swapping power cords for this particular model?
It would seem they have nothing to gain by keeping you from swapping cords, you get their cord regardless, so I can't agree with any conspiracy theories...too bad we can't ask the designer...

Thanks Shuteye, I'll pass the info along...good to know!