Why the cost increase?

I went to buy materials for a speaker project. I also priced some T-111 siding on 8" centers, 5/8 thick, Ship lap.
I hadn’t picked up any sheets or anything in over 18 months.

48" x 96 x 5/8 wood siding was 19-26.00 and on sale 15-20.00 per sheet, NOW 74-84.00 per sheet.

MDF 3/4" 48 x 96" if you can find it. 45-55.00 per sheet it was 22.00 to 27.00 per sheet.

2x4x8 DF stud grade 1.99-3.00 per. Now 4-6.00 per stud,

There is no shortage but there sure is a LOT of price gouging. NOTHING changed. Just the price..

The quality is worse. The workers aren’t paid worth a crap...Why the increase?

I’m getting ready to finish my home out. WOW.. I might have to rethink this a bit..

The price all most tripled in 12-18 months.. This kind of stuff is NOT cool at ALL.

Just my opinion of course. Any projects you’re doing get put on hold or STOPED?

YES I’m very frugal. Money never came easy, and it leaves the same way..

oldhvymec
@pauly uh, I don't know where to begin so I'll let Forbes spell it out:

The U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis released its first estimate for the December quarter and it shows the economy growing at 2.1%. For 2019 GDP growth was 2.3%, which is down from 2.9% in 2018 and just below 2.4% in 2017, Trump’s first year in office.

Over the 12 quarters Trump has been President only four of them have had GDP growth over 3% and six of the quarter’s growth was 2.3% or lower. And for the past three quarters GDP growth has been 2.0%, 2.1% and 2.1%, respectively. This is a far cry from Trump’s claim that the economy could growth 4%, 5% or maybe even 6% when he was President.

That's a far cry from 34%!

All the best,
Nonoise
Not my problem if you lack the cognitive capacity to understand the concept of a quarter … but Liden and Kamalatoe are grateful for that..

https://www.bea.gov/sites/default/files/2020-12/qgdpstate1220_0.pdf

D O H !
It's all in the comparables.  The only reason for the 33.8% 3rd quarter 2020 increase in GDP was because it followed the -31.2% (decline) in the 2nd quarter GDP in 2020.  Ya cant just tell part of the story.
Yup dog is in the dog house. Pounced on Junior the rabbit.. Ticked me off. I never had a rabbit.. The rabbit come running up to me all beat up and the dog giving me the "Who done it?" look.

That dog, didn’t hunt at ALL.. She learned though (the dog).. Don’t mess with the family.. gets personal.. Even when it’s family doing the messin’

Me Mums (GRHS), the dog and now the rabbit.. What else is in a mans life? Kids, wife? Stereo system.. LOL

I think that’s right..
It's all in the comparables.  The only reason for the 33.8% 3rd quarter 2020 increase in GDP was because it followed the -31.2% (decline) in the 2nd quarter GDP in 2020.  Ya cant just tell part of the story.
Beaten to the punch, again!
Here, from the very same site good ol' pauly cites is the evidence of his cherry picking:
https://www.bea.gov/news/glance

It's plain for anyone who'd care to look that the MASSIVE slump of the 2nd quarter makes the 3rd quarter look so pretty, when it's not. In fact, that whole map just shows the uptick in GDP from the very poor showing of the previous month and not the overall real GDP.

Why people resort to this behavior is beyond me.

All the best,
Nonoise