Why so little Primare gear on A'gon? Bad rep?

I notice that very little Primare gear appears for sale here on A’gon. Is that because those who own Primare products love them and never want to get rid of them? Or is it because Primare has some sort of negative reputation that I don’t know about, so very few A’goners own it in the first place?

As you might infer, I am considering purchasing some Primare equipment, specifically, a CD player. Probably either a used D30.2 or a new D21. Any thoughts on Primare and its CD players would be appreciated.
jpbach
I was looking for a new amp, and my dealer suggested a Primare I21 integrated. I wasn't expecting much out of a 75 watt integrated amp, but I was very impressed with the home audition and I bought it. I've had it for several months now and I'm very happy with it.
I bought the matching CD21 CD Player. It didn't knock my socks off, but it's a solid performer at a good price.
I poke around the classifieds and search for Primare, and I've seen as many as 10 items for sale at one time and as little as 2. I believe it's simply a matter of distribution in the US as most sellers/members are in the US.
For the 2nd year in a row I listened to Primare gear at RMAF in the Soundings suites. This year one of the two suites featured all Primare electronics driving a pair of Vienna Beethoven Baby Grands. Very very fine sound indeed. The second room featured the same primare CD21 (?) player costing a rather moderate $2.5K driving a JRDG Concerto Preamp, a JRDG 312 amp, and Vienna Mahler speakers. Sound was stunning IMO: no tizz at all; just beautiful grainless music full of ambiance and detail. I am especially taken by the fact that the relatively inexpensive Primare seemed to be so well matched to the rather more expensive components downstream. I am starting to wonder if Primare may be one of this industry's best kept secrets. By the way, if you have probs locating a Primare dealer, the fine Soundings gang in Denver (Co)) is at 303-759-5505.
I was with Guido in the Soundings rooms and was also very impressed with Primare. I think it is a matter of limited marketing and distribution. It's distributed by Sumiko, but I suppose dealers have to pick product lines based on regional demand. Primare was a brand I had heard of, but never gave a thought to prior to hearing the Soundings presentation. Now, it's on my list for any future electronics purchases. I feel the same way about Simaudio. A brand that has no representation in my area, DC. After hearing a stack of Simaudio gear driving Thiel 3.7s at RMAF, it's also got my attention. Brands like Audio Research have a great deal of momentum in a small industry which seems to make, for want of a better word, boutique brands barely visible in some cases.
Peter
I have Primare I30 and CD31 player. I couldn't be happier. I haven't auditioned all the separates, but I am a huge fan of what I have. I had more expensive separates and sold them when moving to Hong Kong. I purchased the Primare gear here and am very happy with it. For the first time in many years I am very satisfied with the sound of my system and I don't think I will be changing it for some time.
I recently sold MUCH more expensive gear in favor of Primare. (Did you notice the CD31 made Stereophile’s recommended component list, Class A digital source? Has anyone read the Absolute sound review of the I30?) Primare is a lesser known product in the States but gaining momentum. I use the I30 integrated in my home theater. Arguably the most amazing product I’ve owned. The dedicated listening room is the CD31/Pre30/A30.2. It reminds me a lot of the old Linn gear but with more clarity and openness. The system is not perfect but what is. I would guess Primare owners are spending their time enjoying the music rather that searching for the next holy grail.