Why do YOU love Vinyl/or hate vinyl

I just responded to the thread on how many sources do you have ( shotgunning tonight) and got me wondering why I love vinyl so much? Have a very good digital side on both my main system and my headphone system as well that was set up for Redbook playback (headphone system) only utilising my vast 1,000 CD collection, enjoyed it for about a year, added a turntable and haven't used it since. My love of vinyl has been with me for 55 years, buying and playing, setting up my tables , matching preamps and enjoying the fruit of my labor. I believe my love of vinyl is a simple one, it stemmed from the hands on, need to tinker and adjust that I was born with, it's a very physical attraction that I just can not resist, it satisfies a lot of needs for me and in some way is that mistress that I maintain. My turntable is massive and so easy to look at, I can touch it and get more out of it, I can read about the artist and get info while I listen to an album, I can swap out a cartridge and change the tone and in the day the album covers served as a rolling tray to roll a joint. I love vinyl, but absolutely understand while others don't. I also envy people like uberwaltz that have and use so many sources, wish I could. What say you?
tooblue
tooblue

Go learn yourself and be enlightened.

"Neo, you think that's air you're breathing now?"

You may think you know the voice of say Michael Jackson, John Denver or Elvis since you've heard it million times.  Yet, do you think who would know his voice better?  You or his manager who interacted with him on daily basis and who was there at the recording studio.  Now then how do you know what his voice truly like?  You probably first heard his voice through small boombox, Walkman or $50k stereo?  How about when Michael went into his studio to record his very first "Thriller" song, how cheap or expensive or accurate was the microphone?  How about the interconnect cable? Was it a western electric wire or Neumann wire? How about the sound engineer or system, did the sound engineer add or change anything while mixing to slightly change voice? How about when transferring his songs to vinyls, tapes, or cds?  Any slight change might have occurred during transfer process that may have slightly altered voice?  

While many so called audiophiles claim that their ears are better since they spent so much money
and time, etc etc..  You see what they heard is nothing more a copy of truth and what they say is nothing more that their recollection or impression.  You are naive to believe that their recollection of things or something they perceived are to be the truth, yet none of them truly would know how Michael, John or Elvis sound like?  Perhaps they have been to live concerts?  Was the voice coming out of JBL speaker sound more like them or Klipsch speaker?  Was Senheiser mic or Neumann mic that sound more like them.

Buddha realized long ago that what you see and hear are really recollections or interpretations of truth.  I like Steve Guttenberg the Audiophilliac, who once sold hifi audio and have used many gear, I found his review to be helpful. But really who do you think would know the sound of piano better Steve or Piano tuner or Pianist or Piano maker?   

When you are enlightened, when you hear someone claiming digital is thin..this and that..it is only his interpretation and he is no better than any other Joe in recollecting sound or song.  So enlightened ones widely seek audio advice knowing they are not the absolute truth but partial impressions and ultimately they have to DECIDE which is perceived to be close to the truth. 

stevemillerhome
I don’t hate vinyl, I just prefer not to be forced into its limitations of frequency response, dynamic range, signal to noise and channel separation.
Oddly, because of the Loudness Wars, the best version of a new recording - in terms of just those qualities - is often the LP version. The digital versions are the ones most often compressed in dynamic range. As for frequency response, LP trounces CD there, too.

The superior potential of CD is often not utilized.
I love it for the process - find the album, get it out of the sleeve - put it on the turntable, clean it, put down the arm, sit in my chair, read the liner notes. One thing about CD's is no liner notes, which is a pain. And I LOVE the sound. I kept all my albums from the 70's and have added a lot of reissues - Bill Evans, Oscar Peterson, Stones, Beatles, SRV..... nothing better than sitting and listening to music. No one does that any more. Music is always background, but no one sits and listens.
@stevemillerhome, all I needed to do was read your first sentence. You know in all my years when I listen to music have I ever sat down and read the data to decide what I like. Enjoy the music and or your data.