Why aren't there better speakers out there?

In case you are wondering why there are not better speakers on the marketplace I have the answer. You might not like the answer but the reason is that most of the best graduate and PHD level students who study subjects that are relevant to making perfect speakers, are not audiophiles. Therefore they have no interest in trying to get a job in the speaker industry. 

On the other hand, most audiophiles such as you folks, are not qualified to the highest level in these subjects and so what you find is that the vast majority of so called ''speaker designers'' are in fact nothing more than glorified audiophiles, mostly unqualified at that. Even the ones that do have a degree, are not the best of the best, ie Harvard, Princeton, MIT cream of crop etc.

Lastly, You would actually need not only one degree but multiple degrees in multiple subjects to really do a PERFECT speaker. The reason for this is that you are required to know about materials, acoustics, psychology, electronics and many other areas that no single degree would cover rigorously enough.

So in conclusion here are the requirements for a candidate to be an excellent speaker tuner/designer:

Harvard, MIT, Princeton Phd degree in subjects including but not limited to Physics, Mathematics, Engineering, Acoustics, Psychology. 
Must also demonstrably be an excellent audiophile. Must have formal music training to the highest level.
Must actually have a deep interest in producing perfect speakers

Now as you can see, there is probably not even one person on earth who fulfils this criteria. 

Next time, you are listening to the next ''worlds finest loudspeaker'' remember to take it with a grain of salt.

Names of speaker designers will not be disclosed to avoid embarrassment.

All the best. 

kenjit
Speaker design is not pure engineering it’s also part art. Arnie Nudell had the chops in both areas and his products were/are superb. Dr. Toole has no statement loudspeakers to claim, he only has half the requirements.
Arnie Nudell had the chops in both areas and his products were/are superb. Dr. Toole has no statement loudspeakers to claim, he only has half the requirements.
Its only superb because you havent heard anything better because there is nothing else out there on the market. 

Are you trying to claim that Arnie Nudell or Toole fulfilled the criteria i listed? Do you have any evidence of this? 

Speaker design is not pure engineering it’s also part art.
Not true I'm afraid. But nice try.
You sure interject a whole heapa bunch of assumptions to arrive at your conclusions that  as an example, less than advanced degrees at some of our most esteemed institutions of higher learning somehow has limited the advancement of the "art" and technical chops required for speaker design. Are you so sure that all speaker designers don't meet your criteria? But specifically what is your true agenda, I really don't understand the point of why you started this thread other than to provoke, have at it dude. 

"there is probably not even one person on earth who fulfils this criteria."

Not even you?