Who says cables don't make a difference?

Funny, after all these years, people still say things like "you wasted all that money on cables". 
There are still those who believe cables don't make a difference.
I once did marketing for a cable line I consider to be about the best-Stealth Audio Cables. 
One CES, I walked the rooms with the designer/owner, Serguei Timachev. He carried a pair of his then new Indra interconnects. Going from room to room he asked the room runners to replace their source to preamp IC with the Indra. There was not one that was not completely flabbergasted and said that the Indras blew away what they were using. That was the skyrocketing of Indra and Stealth. The Indra became one of the best reviewed cables ever.
Serguei now makes the Sakra-an IC that blows away the Indra!
I don't understand why some still do not value cables as much as I.
mglik

georgemgraves
3 posts06-30-2020 6:46pm

Wire (cable) can only subtract information (not that all do) from the signal it’s conducting. Since wire is not active, only passive.
That’s why I don’t pay any attention (or money) to cables.

What do you use then? You know, to conduct your signal?

10 -17" Baton, maestro? How is it getting there, wireless?

You say better?

Ok... I’m here to learn...

Regards
mitch2,

"You’re close. It’s by ESP."
Surprisingly, but geoffkait is not making this one up. Many SONY Discmen, later also branded as CD Walkmen and including geoffkait's, have ESP.

Like, for example, this one...

https://www.radiomuseum.org/r/sony_discman_esp_sports_d_421sp.html

I think it’s all relative to the quality of your audio equipment to the cost and architecture as well as metal type used to construct your cable. There is of course a point where it is more jewelry than audio improvement. For now my new Morrow Audio MA-3’s RCA IC’s will improve my original NAD T758 and NAD 514 CD player and help with my middle of the road technics turntable. I already can hear a difference.

There are those that just won’t believe and spend as little on wire as they can, and have a 3000 integrated amp and change out speakers because they just don’t sound right.

I will continue the cable upgrade-my power cord though I won’t spend over 175.00 as my receiver that is still being sold by NAD only with upgraded modules, is only a 1400.00 AVR and new speaker and subwoofer cable. I will replace my hdmi but only up to 20,00 more until I upgrade to an oled. 
I still can’t wrap my head around cables that cost over a few hundred follars to be honest let alone over a thousand dollars.. but if this is your passion and music nirvana is what you hope to achieve and you have the means, why the hell not. Is that not what money is for in the end? 

@glupson so the Sony Discman ESP is probably well-suited for Geoff. Electronic Shock Protection. Probably meant for underwater use, or when spelunking, or when listening outdoors in a thunderstorm. I suspect Geoff is all about "Safety First."
Cables as important as any component in my system.  I'm building a SYSTEM.  Like wasting a Ferrari using cheap tires.
From my experience more expensive doesn't guarantee best SQ and takes WORK and trial / error  to find the right ones.   With that said, best cables in my system are CRAZY expensive but worth every penny!