Which Class D Amplifier? PS Audio, Ghent, Nord, Merrill or other???

I’m looking for a new amp & want Class D.

I’ve seen various brands mentioned, such as PS Audio, Ghent, Nord, Merrel to name a few, but I’ve not heard any of them.

Which company is producing the best sounding Class D?
Which models should I be looking to demo?

Thanks

singintheblues
Yes, personalities abound in these forum threads. And yes, folks have what one might call “signature statements” that amply showcase their strengths and faults. 

From what I can tell reading posts is that not a lot have actually personally heard this newer GaN-FET tech implemented into a class D audio amp design. So while the likes of AGD, Technics and Merrill might in principle sound terrific based upon this newer tech based upon the tech’s inherent theoretical advantages, they may also suck in real world implementation due to other designs flaws.

I’m not saying that they do suck and that the older MOS FET tech operating at lower switching frequencies are still king of the hill in class D land. But one ought to be careful in proclaiming one design implementation dead based upon merely theoretical considerations of a newer FET tech design. 
ricevs,

A few of us here on Audiogon, myself included, have crossed paths with georgehifi and some of his dubious statements/theories about the current state of good class D amps utilizing MOSFET transistors.
       I understand your frustration since I also understand, based on using multiple good class D amps in my system for several years,  that I completely fail to detect any of the sonic shortcomings that georgehifi claims exist on my amps due to traditional FET transistors, the switching frequency being too low and the filter used to remove this switching frequency being of poor quality.
     Now, I just picture him walking aimlessly around an Australian city in a bathrobe and slippers, having just walked out of some institution attempting to treat his rare condition, continuously mumbling to himself phrases such as " switching frequencies too low!" and "better output filters needed!".  Occasionally, he stumbles upon an internet cafe and places posts on Audiogon.
     As I see it, however, the truth is that these new fast GaN FETs do have the potential to even further advance class D performance.  Perhaps higher switching carrier frequencies will be beneficial, too.  I think it's important to keep an open mind.
     Overall, I'm suggesting it may be best to just cut georgehifi some slack.  While he may be clueless on how good current class D amps with traditional FETs have become,  he oddly seems to have some good ideas on how to potentially make them even better.
Love,
 Tim
that I completely fail to detect any of the sonic shortcomings that georgehifi claims exist on my amps due to traditional FET transistors, the switching frequency being too low and the filter used to remove this switching frequency being of poor quality.
That’s your opinion with your hearing, there are countless others that have the opposite opinion to you. The rest of your bs post is just flaming and has no relevance.