When is your Hifi good enough?

Just wondering what makes people tick in regards to determining when things sound "good enough"?

For me I have a vision in my mind of how things should sound based on what I have heard over the years.  Once it sounds that way, I am done.   I can still enjoy listening to other sounds or sounds that omit some things I might want otherwise but if I do not get regular samplings of "that sound" I probably start to wonder.
128x128mapman

Showing 2 responses by ejr1953

"Mamas don't let your babies grow up to be audiophiles"
or
"Women don't let your husbands become audiophiles"

2015 was a year of upgrade after upgrade for me, after we decided to have me migrate the audio system from the living room, to my "man cave", a much larger room.
After installing my sixth bass trap (to control the boominess in the room), my wife said "I've unleashed a monster".
But I'd say I'm about 95% of the way there now.  Oops, just ordered a new headphone amp...
Again:

"Mamas don't let your babies grow up to be audiophiles" 
or
"Women don't let your husbands become audiophiles"

I had to return my music server back to the factory to have the hard drive re-imaged (corrupted OS).  I have a laptop streaming Tidal, but they don't have many of my favorite albums.  One of my buddies turned me on to the virtues of a dedicated "CD transport", so I snagged one and it has put a wide smile on my face.

I was toying with replacing my music server (in the event my existing one needed a new hard drive, power supply or motherboard), and found that Aurender has a very nice unit (my guy sells those).  But I think I'll hold off for a while.

I can't believe I'm saying that, "I think I'll hold off for a while"...I guess my wife's eyes won't roll for a while...