What to buy?

Hi: I'm looking for a good pair of floor standing speakers but I don't know anything and I'm hoping for suggestions here.  I've been considering Martin Logan Electromotion, Goldenear Triton 3+ and Revel F35. I can raise about $2,000 in a month. The room is 20 x 20, the music is mostly rock. The amp is an Emotiva XPR5 which has respectable power. I don't mind something good that's maybe been superseded, trailing edge, a floor model or demo - but something you can't argue with at the price.

Thanks - rev
revnice
I have used Emotiva amp with Magnepan 1.7 and really enjoy the sound delivery, dynamics and soundstage openness of the combo. I highly recommend the Magnepan 1.7s. 

The Vandersteen 2Ce Signature III is now $3300 new, but you will find a previous generation, used, close to your target point. That’s what I would do.

If not, look at Wharfedale’s offerings, and go as far up the ladder as you can afford.

These would be great and right on the nose: https://www.crutchfield.com/p_336EVO44WN/Wharfedale-EVO4-4-Walnut.html

What are most important things to you sound wise?  What aspects of speaker performance are most important to you?  What don’t you like?  If you’re not really sure about these things I’d highly recommend going out and listening to anything you can — it’ll be well worth traveling a bit BTW —so you can better identify these types of personal preferences.  Without this info it’s really not possible to make a recommendation with any confidence that it’ll sound good to you.  Nobody here, no matter how experienced, can tell you what you like as, especially with speakers, personal taste is a huge part of the equation.