What’s your vote for the most ridiculous, overpriced, and useless tweak?

My vote: Furutech Outlet Cover 105 NCF $220, with “special crystalline material that has two “active” properties.” https://www.thecableco.com/outlet-cover-105-ncf.html

glow_worm
The frequencies produced by the resonator affect and transform the electro-magnetic grid of my system because all the parts of the audio system are linked and simultaneously affect and transform my hearing body linked to the acoustical grid of the room... It is like the frequencies of the resonator improve the sound resulting from the linked acoustical and electrical grid...But it is you the physicist, this is only my reflexion and I am not a scientist...I only know that the resonator modify the 2: the material embedding of the sound and my hearing body modified himself by these frequencies living in  this embedding...
Is Geoffkait dead? 

Somebody has read his prose in the last hours?

o)|
    (    :        
          o)|
Worst tweak? A polythene platter supplied by Max Townshend for my Elite Rock. It threw so much energy back at the stylus it wouldn't track (as in stay in the groove) without the damping trough and even then it destroyed the timing. I tried an HRS record weight to try and calm it but my arm hit the edge of the weight at the end of the side. When I reverted to the original plaster filled platter I discovered that the polythene one had been bored oversize and some clear sticky tape had been wound around the outside of the inverted bearing  to take up the slop. That's the last time I dealt with Max. I've since tried the HRS weight on my Artemis SA-1 (with Schröder Reference) which replaced the Rock but it dulled the sound, the small weight supplied with the deck is preferable to that or no weight/clamp so the HRS weight is the second most useless tweak.
Geoffkait is not dead. No need for alarm. When I’m not here, gentle readers, I spend much of my time in the future. Not necessarily your future, but my future. The reason I come back here to post is because they don’t have audio forums in the future. They also don’t have good thrift stores in the future, by the way.