What s your favorite amp 2500 used/ 4k

Hi all;
I’m looking for a multiple channel amp. (5 channel preferable). Will be 80% of music and 20% theater. My budge is under $2,500 for a used amp (new retail about $4,000)
Could you please suggest me a good amp with the budge that stated above.
Here’re my favorites so far (new retail price stated):
-CLASSE CAV-150 $3595
-ARAGON 8008X3/X3B $2499/2749
-ARAGON 8008X5 $4000
-EAD PM1000 $4000?
-BRYSTON 9B-ST $3695
-SUNFIRE CINEMA GRAND SIGNATURE $3600

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE’S AMP?
My current system: EAD Ovation pre-amp, Sony DVP-S7700, without speakers and amps
Any advices will be appreciated.
Don
dbui1

Showing 1 response by jeffloistarca

I agree with Jmcgrogan, and took it a step further. I faced the same quandry as you not long ago and decided to not integrate the two. I use my main rig for music, and in the same room I've set up a HT system. I believe the two applications, movies and music, demand different things for different reasons. Main audio rig (in a custom stand): Oracle DelphiIV/SME345/Grado Reference, Lehmann Black Cube phono stage, YBA CD Integre CDP, Magnum Dynalab tuner, BATVK30 preamp, BATVK500 Amp, Martin Logan Quest Z speakers. This system is very musical, and I truly enjoy listening to seemingly endless hours of music through it. HT set-up (electronics fit in my TV stand): Sony 36" tube, Direct TV dish, Toshiba DVD player, NAD T760 receiver, Marantz MC2000 II remote, Gallo Acoustics Micros (5) and Gallo MPS150 powered sub. Family loves the set up, provides all the surround sound effect you need, and the gear is unobtrusive. So, the question you have to ask yourself is: if your requirement is 80% music, why not make a modest investment in a decent HT system and continue along the never-ending upgrade path for your personal audio nirvana? ATB, Jeff