What happens when the stylus tip wears out on a $12,000 cartridge?

There is no shortage of stereo phono cartridges with 5-figure price tags. What do you do when the stylus tip wears out? Do any/some/all manufacturers of these cartridges provide or offer a re-tipping service? Or do you just lay out another 12 or 15 grand for a new cartridge? Sorry for my ignorance - the Denon DL-103R/Lithium Audio Musikraft shell I currently use is the most expensive cartridge set-up I’ve ever owned. I’ve had a couple re-tipped by Soundsmith in the past for $200 - 300. What do you guys at the other end of the price spectrum do?

128x128jmarini2

As stated " I am Mr Average Thinker ' on such a Subject. 

I have 'thought' about the Cantilever to Armature Interface being a mechanical coupling being one that is not dependent on adhesive and be a coupling that is more in relation as a coupling, that is similar to the micro mechanics found in certain watch designs.

I don't see any further need to flog to death, this very basic idea. 

@mulveling 

Sounds like I have to stretch out my use of my Koetsu Stone cartridge. Also not sure if they can retip my diamond cantilever in my Corralstone D. 

Greetings 

The only thing one can do is trade it in for a new one or up your game and go for a $15k cartridge.

Once you get to the high end in cartridges it’s hard to go backwards.

Joe Nies

What goes into producing a $15K Cart' from one Brand, that separates it as a construction from another Brands Cart' $3K, $6K or $10K.

It is already known that certain Cart's in the US are offered at $10K and can be imported to the door from Country of Manufacture for close to 50% less as a purchase, Shipping and Import Levy will need to be added.

So a $10K Cart' through certain suppliers has been a $5K cart' plus shipping + Import Levy + Importers Mark Up.

What has also been learned the Hard Way, is that the Importers Mark Up was very well protected through their offering a 90 Day Warranty limitation.