what are some of best tonearms you own or experience with.

i have Triplaner universal and is very good.   want a 2nd thothinking of Kuzma 4-point 14 inch.???what others?
ml89009
@dover-you didn't mention Rega. What are your thoughts regarding them relative to their pricing of $600-$2200 (actually $1200 one, RB880 is excellent). Many tables use them as an OEM with the Moth label. You have such extensive experience, it would be good to know what could be a potential improvement if I ever got the itch. In the context of a VDH MC One-Special. 

@rim  - and they have the nerve to charge $4K for a plastic arm that you have to worry about its straightness.
@sokogear, I got no answer from VPI for months and the moment I dared to ask for my issue at VPI forum I got attacked.

I had later found out that many others have the same issues or worst with leaking and completely defective Tonearms.

even the bearing of my VPI turntable had presented a premature wear but it seems that it’s normal for VPI. at the end I moved into a serious manufacturer

For Harry it’s very normal to use hair driers to straighten the VPI Tonearms by sight and hands. The funny and sad fact is that at this  thread earlier,  he had attacked Fremer for not listed his tt at recommended components for 2020
@sokogear 
Your question about Rega wasn’t addressed to me, but I have owned a 600 on a p25 turntable and a Basis branded 250? On a Basis 2100 turntable.

When I replaced the 250 with a Basis Vector 3 the difference was a massive improvement. Although Mr. Conti at Basis said to expect this actually hearing the difference allowed me to understand how much a difference a tonearm can make.
Based on that I think Rega is “good for the money” but not a great tonearm. Just my experience, yours may vary
When I distributed the SME V, it never spoke back to me.
Nor me :) But it was obvious that the arm tube had resonance. If removing that 'killed the sound' clearly you have bigger fish to fry.

Adding the Analog Survival Kit increased the mass of the arm. For this reason it limited the cartridges that worked to ones that had lower compliance.

But what worked better was to use an arm that had an arm tube that was already damped and so did not need the Sumiko kit. The Tiplanar is an example of that; switching from the SME to the Triplanar was a revelation- better in every way.