What 5ch or 3/2 to match Aragon 8008bb?

Hi everyone, I'm hoping to solicit your advice; I'm having a hard time finding any answers to this question.

I'm picking up an 8008bb Aragon for my mains, but i'm running a 7.1 system, and need to get amplification that will match well with the 'bb'.

Any suggestions? I've heard the acurus a200x5 is voiced similarly; and I've thought an 8008x3 for the center and 2 side surrounds, with a cheap amp for the rear surrounds might work as well...

I'd like to keep it around $2k total if I can, but I'm not sure if that's possible.

Thanks for any advice you can give!

-Kincade
kincade

Showing 4 responses by oldpet

Hi Kincade
I think you've answered half of your own question. My system, at one point, was the system you are considering. I used to run my mains with the 8008BB. (a great amp for the $$.) I am still using the 8008x3 for my center and rear channels. Those 2 amps DO match up extremely well. Deffinitely get yourself the 8008x3. They can be gotten for approx $1350 here on AgoN. . Your final 2 channels can be taken care of with an Acurus A250 ( I used this before I upgradded to the 8008BB) or an Acurus A200 either of these amps can be purchased on AgoN for $600 or less. Since they all come from the same family they will (do) all have similar sonic signatures. Your system will match extremely well, assuming that your speakers are all well matched to each other. On top of that, your amps will basically be"bullet proof". Hope this helps.
Paul
Kincade
Sorry for butting in again. :) NO you are not incorrect in your assumption of the Klipsch/Aragon amps. The older Aragon/Acurus amps of the mid to late '90's is the way to go. Just my 2 cents.
Paul
Hi Kincade
To my knowledge the 4004 Doesn't get close to the 8008BB. Re: triggering - You do have to turn them on manually - when they're off - they're off. No stand by. I happen to like that.
I would go with the seperate amps. Two reasons. 1. Much better chanel seperation. Not to mention that you will have MUCH more actual current, available per channel. 2. IF by chance a channel goes bad somehow, you are not completely "out of business". Let me know how things go.
Paul
Hi Kincade
Shut them off when your done. no doubt. Saves elec. and saves the amp. seems like you're getting alot of thoughts now. that's always a good thing. best of luck.
P