Weiss 204 to Bricasti M1 series?

I’m demoing a Weiss 204 and like what I hear- dynamic, quietbackground, nicely detailed without sounding etched or bright.Would probably replace my Mac mini with a dedicated streamer if I keep the Weiss.  Wondering how the Bricasti M1 would be a lateral move vs. a step up, whether using its network card or with a streamer, thanks.

jmlm

In our audio club I have heard digital up to over $50+k just for the dac.

my brother owns the latest DCS Rossini which is incredibly good

yes I agree with diminishing returns But from my Vast experience including owning aAudio store for a decade, digital has made great strides in the last few years Finally. Thst being said for most people getting into the$5-7k range is the sweetspot for a Reference quality dac , from $2500- To Reference range theGOP is Huge in every area for realism , that is why I promotetheT+A 200 dac and very good Active descreet dual mono preamp section which too is Very good and eliminates a separate preamp in most cases unless you spend over $5+k. The 200 dac is = to any $15kk dac in total balance for most people , that’s why I promote it .

itis such a great value . I am buying one but have to save until spring ,being married the house comes first. Notmuch more to say check out all reviews including YouTube , and you can save a grand if you shop around ,and has HQ player built in if you spend the $200 for the program that too is aHufe bonus 

you literally can Taylor the sound to your specific system.

YMMV of course, but I've routinely had two main problems with using a computer as a music source:

• USB ground loops
  • Power supply noise getting into the AC line.

My experience with Mac's, and any computer really, is the power supplies tend to inject a lot of noise into the system that's almost impossible to clean up.

I have no problem with a computer being used as a source, but not on the same AC circuit.

Also, inexpesnsive USB isolators can really help if your DAC is happy with them. It's a real shame 100% of DACs today don't have 100% isolated USB interfaces but it still happens.

@jmlm I own Bricasti M3. It’s internal network renderer beats Mac Mini as a streamer. The Mac Mini is serving as a Roon core in my setup. It’s not bad in that capacity but as a streamer it’s just simply not good.
Bricasti network renderer is going to compete with streamers in its price point ($1000 to $2000). The DAC section of the Bricasti is pretty good though and you should be able to get great results with a higher end streamer or a CD transport.