Walsh Ohm 100 MKII; anybody owned these?

I understand that Ohm has recently begun shipping their Walsh speakers with their new Series 3 drivers. I am interested in trying out a pair of their Walsh 100 MKII's (pairing it with my Unison Research Unico integrated) and am wondering if anybody has any experience and impressions of these speakers, and what kind of amps they pair best with? I am interested to know what improvements the series 3 drivers bring to the Ohm's, I plan on speaking to John about it sometime this week.
glitch947

Showing 3 responses by line

Here is a review that I came across.
http://www.audioreview.com/cat/speakers/floorstanding-speakers/ohm/PRD_120287_1594crx.aspx
I also have the old model cabinet, the 4XO cabinets with the Walsh 5 Mk-2 drivers on them. These drivers do indeed like lots of power, I use the Sunfire Signature amp. which is rated at 600 WPC at 8 ohms and when I have the volume set at realistic levels, they sound marvelous.

That one review I read, said the 'series 3' are more efficient.

I am looking forward to what you have to say about the 'serirs 3' in the furure.
One of my favorite reviewer's description of the Ohms is the fact that they "energize the room", which sums up your impressions. I feel like most speakers sort of shout at you saying "look at me!" but in my opinion that's not what live music sounds like.

Yes, I agree; the Walsh Ohms flood the room with music like a very wide angle flood light verses spotting the listener with music like a spot light. And live music foods the room.