Wadia 861SE with GNSC Statement Upgrade

I would like to know the level of interest still out there for a Wadia 861SE with GNSC Statement upgrade with and without digital ins and outs.

Would like to hear the experience of those who own this particular setup too.

Thanks.
forteleza

Showing 4 responses by bombaywalla

I have the 861SE with Reference upgrade from GNSC. I still really like the looks & the sound. I don't feel compelled to change or upgrade.
As AZjake wrote - Steve is tops in pre & post sales & the best person for Wadia mods.
I also know a friend who owns an 861SE with Statement mods (what you are looking at) & he has compared his Wadia sound to other hi-end CDPs like dCS, Burmester, Accuphase, Esoteric & found that changing would be a lateral move more than anything else. FWIW. YMMV.
>> 02-21-09: Chadeffect
>> The wadia was lacking in definition. It had a big sound
>> but with little resolution or depth in soundstage.
>> Dynamics were either on or off.

Chadeffect, you heard what you heard. I'm not going to argue with you on that score.
However, I am going to discount your comments completely because "definition", "resolution", "depth in soundstage", "dynamics" are all hallmarks of the 861SE player. I have these attributes in spades in my setup. Many others, who are also owners of the 861SE player, have reported the same conclusions. I fail to understand how you were missing all these attributes in your system?
The Wadia needs some work to extract its best but then don't all the others (EMM Labs, dCS, Esoteric, mbl, etc) as well?

Looks like you are not a Wadia fan. That's fine with me. Hope that you are enjoying your dCS.
>> New digital is nearly always better than old digital.
>> Chadeffect

I like the way you state it so confidently as if it were fact!
>> At least have an idea of where this Wadia sits in the
>> world of digital playback today.

Chadeffect, scroll up to Bar81's original post dated 02-22-09 to see the list of players he has recently auditioned.
Thanks.