Wadia 861SE with GNSC Statement Upgrade

I would like to know the level of interest still out there for a Wadia 861SE with GNSC Statement upgrade with and without digital ins and outs.

Would like to hear the experience of those who own this particular setup too.

Thanks.
forteleza

Showing 3 responses by aolmrd1241

02-22-09: Chadeffect
Maybe I should qualify the above with the fact that the players with volume control were used so and fed direct into power amps.
Chadeffect

Now I can see where you are coming from,direct to amp is make or break for most all digital play back. Fine digital also needs a fine line stage, imo.
Dont get me wrong Wadia is a lovely machine, just a little tired IMHO as a highend digital source. Its nearly 10 years old. So the majority of the insides were designed in the 90s. Chadeffect

But you fail to explain that although the innards are a latter design by Wadia,GNSC upgrades are still state of the art for that player,and it has only been discontinued in the past few years(861se),NOT the statement upgrade.
This from a man that uses a speaker design from "20-25 years ago"(even though you state in your system review that the Apogees have also been upgraded). Talk about comparing apples to oranges,yikes.
Obviously you feel different. There are better players IMHO, "but there always will be better whatever you have." Digital gear is moving on very quickly now. That should be celebrated.
Chadeffect

Yes Chad, I certainly do like my Wadia 861se/GNSC Statement CDP.For my tastes, in my system, it most certainly fulfills my requirements.And yes, the state of the art in our hobby will always continue to advance,time waits for no one.