Vincent Audio SV-500 Arriving Today

So I have a Vincent Audio SV-500 arriving today.

Pretty excited and not sure what I am going to experience (something good I hope of course!)
They will be connected to Martin Logan Motion 40’s, Questyle CMA400i DAC and Denon dp-300f TT with a Ortofon 2M Blue, Hi Res music from my HTPC (DSD and other Flac Files).

Since the Vincent does not have a phono stage for now, I will need to use the built in phono in the Denon.

And I will be comparing to my current source, a Denon AVR-5700.Perhaps not as much power as the Denon but am hoping that I am going to like.
I think the following will happen:
- I absolutely love it and stay with it- I don’t see a big difference from the Denon and return it- I don’t like the sound of a Hybrid Amp and return it and get a SS Amp (maybe a Yamy AS1100 or 2100)- I like it very much and get curious about the SV-237MK and so exchange for that
Got roughly 30 days to figure it out.
We’ll see....
128x128jay73
I actually have a external DAC that I am using.
If I simply play A CD and leave it playing on continues playback (connected from external DAC throuigh analog output), would that suffice as breaking it in?
@rickytickytwoT
Thanks for chiming in.
Can I ask, how long have you had it and what equipment are you hooked up to?

@jay73  I have a Rotel RA-1572 and this may or may not be of interest.

If you listen to rock music, be aware that busy and/or dense passages of music don't work so well with the RA-1572.  When the music gets busier / denser, the bottom end all but disappears and the sound stage becomes notably narrower.  I did an A/B with another amp to make sure it wasn't something else at fault in the system but it's definitely the RA-1572.

It's frustrating because more laid back music generally sounds really good.

Tracks to test the issue include, say, "Enter Sandman" by Metallica; "Dark Star" by Fish (album 13th Star).  Also, the heavier material by Evanescence.

One track that perfectly illustrates the lovely side of the RA-1572 but also the issue mentioned above is "Just Can't Let You Go" by Gary Moore (version from the compilation album "Beyond The Blues").  When it starts, it's lovely rich & bluesy.  However, there are two heavier, denser, sections in the song and the RA-1572 really doesn't handle them at all well.  I've played this piece on other equipment and the bottom end / sound stage are fine.

Whatever you decide, happy listening. :)

All Vincent integrated have same sound signature, I have the bigger brother SV-237 and had chance to listen the SV-227. Both sound amazing. I wanted to replace SV-237 but didn't find better amplifier in my acceptable price range. I wanted to roll the tubes but after several attempts original tubes seems the best. Only real improvement was, I doubled the output buffer capactiors. I just would like to say, difficult to find something better than Vincent amplifiers under 3000$, IMO.  

At quick guitar solos the sound image a bit foggy, only thing I can complain, but it is true for most of tube amps. 

If no sound improvement in your system than something else could be the weakest link, I guess. Maybe the room effect on music ?  Echoes/room ringing can destroy the tube amps superior sound layering/image. 

My system:

DigionePlayer with room correction sw > Chord Qutest > Vincent SV237 / Hattor Hypex D-Class (Hypex sounds so pokey comparing to Vincent) > Audio Physic speakers

plus diffusers/absorbers at primary reflection points

this configuration sounds much better with Vincent than an old SS amp (I had a good but old Marantz to test it), but the biggest improvement coming from room correction sw/damping materials