Vincent Audio SV-500 Arriving Today

So I have a Vincent Audio SV-500 arriving today.

Pretty excited and not sure what I am going to experience (something good I hope of course!)
They will be connected to Martin Logan Motion 40’s, Questyle CMA400i DAC and Denon dp-300f TT with a Ortofon 2M Blue, Hi Res music from my HTPC (DSD and other Flac Files).

Since the Vincent does not have a phono stage for now, I will need to use the built in phono in the Denon.

And I will be comparing to my current source, a Denon AVR-5700.Perhaps not as much power as the Denon but am hoping that I am going to like.
I think the following will happen:
- I absolutely love it and stay with it- I don’t see a big difference from the Denon and return it- I don’t like the sound of a Hybrid Amp and return it and get a SS Amp (maybe a Yamy AS1100 or 2100)- I like it very much and get curious about the SV-237MK and so exchange for that
Got roughly 30 days to figure it out.
We’ll see....
128x128jay73

Showing 1 response by istvan1976

All Vincent integrated have same sound signature, I have the bigger brother SV-237 and had chance to listen the SV-227. Both sound amazing. I wanted to replace SV-237 but didn't find better amplifier in my acceptable price range. I wanted to roll the tubes but after several attempts original tubes seems the best. Only real improvement was, I doubled the output buffer capactiors. I just would like to say, difficult to find something better than Vincent amplifiers under 3000$, IMO.  

At quick guitar solos the sound image a bit foggy, only thing I can complain, but it is true for most of tube amps. 

If no sound improvement in your system than something else could be the weakest link, I guess. Maybe the room effect on music ?  Echoes/room ringing can destroy the tube amps superior sound layering/image. 

My system:

DigionePlayer with room correction sw > Chord Qutest > Vincent SV237 / Hattor Hypex D-Class (Hypex sounds so pokey comparing to Vincent) > Audio Physic speakers

plus diffusers/absorbers at primary reflection points

this configuration sounds much better with Vincent than an old SS amp (I had a good but old Marantz to test it), but the biggest improvement coming from room correction sw/damping materials