Vandersteen Treo CT vs Mag 3.7i speakers

I've listened to both at my local dealer.  I have sufficient space for either one in my living room (16x21).  If you have some ideas/a clear opinion on which one to purchase I would very much appreciate hearing from you..thanks.
newton
Post removed 
Really the question Netwon is why just those two? Have you listened to many others in the price range, have you visted all the dealers in your area?

Both of these speakers have different attributes.

The Maggies are clearer with a fantastic ribbon tweeter, howerver a large panel throws a very large image that many people find too large to be believable, also panels suffer from the ability to play loud as well as having truly fleshed out bass, they are also difficult to drive and very inefficient. 

The Vandys are a polarizing speaker, they do not have the treble clarity of the Maggies, many people like them for their ease of listenablity and musicality, They are inefficient, and do not have very deep bass compared to others in their price range, the image is also a little low for some people and some rooms. 

There are many Vandy fans on these posts who believe they are the only speakers to purchase same thing with the Tekton guys or planer guys, in reality there are many good choices. 

We love the Legacy Signature which use a Heil AMT folded ribbon tweeter and midrange so the top end is similar to the Maggies, with a warm midrange like the Vandys, they are very easy to drive and have very deep bass and they are $7k so similar in price, the only caveat is they are hard to find. 

The Golden Ear Reference at $8.5k are very easy to drive, have very deep bass, (self amplified subs) and are getting a lot of press for their wonderful sound. Again AMT driver for the treble. so good detail. Their look is big black and monolithic so you may not love their look.

.If you are having difficutly choosing then in reality you are not convinced in either model as you like attributes of each or your decision would be easy.

Good luck and if you are wed to this dealer keep on listening or be bold and go see if you can find another set of loudspeakers that combines the virtues of what you like about both of these products.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ

call me a fanboy
but i actually own one of the best ribbon tweeters ever built - apogee stage and the vandersteen 7 which while not identical has the CT as in carbon tweeter in the Treo

typical dealer running competing product down as polarizing vs selling..well what they sell...and peddling a myth

what is cool is your dealer has the maggie and the steen it seems ( there are more than a few in the country who do) so leap in

but yes the home demo is easy and you should go that route if at all possible