vandersteen Model 1s Any Good Reviews

Audio Research D300 Power Amp Audible Illusions Preamp Cambridge Audio C650 Cd Player Kimber Kabelss Speakers And Interconnectors
ron8773

Showing 3 responses by zd542

I posted a comment a few hours ago but I don't see it. I've owned the 1's and you can't go wrong with them. Your amp is great too. If my original post doesn’t show up by tomorrow, I will redo it.
I give them a good review. They should sound excellent with the equipment that you list. I put the 1's up against a bunch of speakers priced $2000 or less and liked them better than everything else I tried. (Except the model 2's). Also, your amp is very good. Be careful that you have something you definitely like better before trading or selling it.

Just to note, though, Vandersteen is my favorite speaker, so I am biased in their favor and I have not had my 1's for a couple of years. They were replaced by my 2's and 3's. Also, I don't read equipment reviews so I have no idea what others are saying about any of this stuff; good or bad. (You did state that you were looking for reviews, so I want to be clear that any info I give is just from my own experience with the 1's)
One thing I forgot to mention about the 1's is how easy they are to drive. I don't find Vandersteen speakers difficult to drive, in general, but they do like a little power. With the 1's, you can use just about anything and be OK.

Albang. Excellent post. I haven't had a chance to hear the 1Ci version yet. I'm glad to hear you are having good results.