Using Oppo 105 as transport

'Sup?
I use my Oppo mainly as a Tidal streaming device. My Macbook Pro doesn't have a cd drive to rip into an external hd, so while I do still spin CD's, I don't nearly as I used to, gravitating towards streaming and vinyl.

What's a good, improved DAC I can use for the Oppo? I had my eye on an Eximus. Would that be a good fit? Or should I save up for a dedicated streamer? rest of the system are Spatials, Pathos, LFD, and VPI

128x128simao
I've got a 105.  Personally, I am not a big fan of using it to stream.  You really have to have a tv on just to see the interface.  Also, the DAC in the 105 is great for theater but not the best for 2 channel.  My Chord Hugo streaming Tidal from my phone with an OTG cable is much better sound.  You have 2 issues to look at:  1-you need a streamer which is easier to use.  2-Do you like the DAC in the 105 that much?
I use my 105 to stream Tidal and it’s wonderful.  You do not need a TV.  Oppo has a great APP I use on my iPad and iPhone.  The Tidal interface is very good.  No problems.

Also have a bluesound node2 streamer.  OPPO sounds much better.
True. I've used the Oppo app on my tablet and phone for many years now and tweak the sound that way.
I am presently about to use my Oppo 103d as a transport to my recently purchased Denafrips Ares II DAC. I using it to stream Tidal now to my AV receiver and it sound very good and works well controlling it using my iPad. I am planing on using the optical or coax out to the Ares DAC then go to a tube preamp and directly to Odyssey Stratos monoblocks for amplification. I am hoping this will add some additional holographic-ness, air and warmth do my digital music streaming.  I will let you know how much of a difference the Denafrips Ares II makes. I also have a Schiit DAC (that I adore) in one my other systems which I may also try but the Ares DAC is suppose to be better.