Used full-range speakers less than $1,500

I am looking for used full range speakers to work with a solid state amplifier. I am looking for speakers that present a well balanced sound not emphasizing the treible or bass, but very musical.

On my short list of models and manufactures:
Alon Lotus Elite
Nola Viper IIa
Gershman -maybe out of my price range
Sonus Faber- again maybe out of my price range
Avalon - same as above

i listen to a variety of music from A to Z. The room is not very large : 14 x 19 with carpeting and no other sound treatments

Looking for your assistance to help identify potential brands/models to look at.....
Hoping
dvdgreco

Showing 1 response by soulbrass

As is often recommended in this forum, I have to go with the PSB Stratus Goldi which can be easily had for <$750 (probably due to costly shipping because of their size). If you can find a pair locally, you should be able to get a great deal!

They are a 4 ohm load and require "healthy" power and current to get them on song - nothing ridiculous, but definitely over 100 wpc. An amp that delivers around 100 wpc into 8 ohms and doubles into 4 ohms would be a good choice.

I've had mine for a while now and can't see myself giving them up especially when I consider what I'd have to spend to surpass their performance - a boatload!!!

Good luck!