Upgrade my tone arm?

I proudly own a super nice Woodsong Garrard 301 with an Ortophon RS 309D arm and a Myajima Shalabi cartridge. My phono stage is it he one in my Atma-Sphere MP-3 preamp. Upgrade fever has taken hold and I am thinking of getting a Triplaner tonearm. I do have dual arm boards on my Woodsong. I understand that the Triplaner would be a significant upgrade. However, since I am fairly new to analog, it has been a steep learning curve. Such a big investment is in question since I don’t completely understand how much of an improvement a significantly better arm would be. Any advise would be appreciated.
mglik

Showing 1 response by tomic601

You should consider a conversation with Tri at Triplaner- it’s a tight community and while I have not heard of your cart on that arm ( I am assuming you are looking at the new 12” carbon fiber ? ) , if somebody is running it Tri will most likely know.
and audio is a system especially transducers and dynamic components- so “ better “ is a myopic simple viewpoint. And yes, I own a Triplaner and a Lyra a known combination that yields excellent results.

enjoy your search @mulveling  gave you excellent advice