Upgrade? Luxman M-900u and C-900u from Pass X250.8 - Simaudio Evolution P-8

I am thinking about trading my Pass Labs X250.8 amp and Simaudio Moon Evolution P-8 Preamp

Luxman M-900u and C-900u

I was looking at new ARC REF 6 and used Pass Labs X350.8 but the dealer swears for same money he can get me this Luxman combo brand new and it will be much better? He has never mislead me in the past.

What do you guys think?

I will be using with brand new Magico S5 MK II that are being delivered this week. I don't listen real loud and also use Bricasti M1SE DAC and Kubala-Sosna Emotion/Elation Full Cable Loom.

Please anyone that knows or has an option please let me know your thoughts.

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xfsmithjack
Hey Guys - so I like my gear but always like to play around and try new stuff. I do like my Pass Labs X250.8 and thought the X350.8 would have more power? Not sure it is needed but got a strong trade offer on it so was thinking about getting more power for new speakers.

That said - my dealer made me a nice offer also on a ARC Ref 6 - while I was considering these he told me to consider the Luxman flag ship combo. I trust his opinion as he as never led me wrong in the past and he told me the Lux combo is incredible and way better and is in the class the Vitus -Solution, Channel Precision league and just a higher resolution and overall much better combo than the Pass Arc combo and was hoping maybe someone had some experience with these and could give me some input. He told me the Lux combo is way better at everything? Thought ask for some thought.... 
Send a message to @whitecamaross He can fill you in on the Luxman vs. Pass issue.
OP that is a good question, pesonally we were Luxman dealers when Philip O Hannlon was representing the line, we had the Luxman CD player and the $5k integrated 20 watt Class A amplifier on the floor. 

We did prefer the Luxman over the Hegel, we did not prefer the Luxman over the more expensive Norma Revo 140, and we felt the Unison Reserach hybrid Unico 50 was also better sounding although not as cool looking and way more spartan also felt the Coda CS ib was better than the Luxman. 

We also has a demo of their C800 preamp vs a Chord and CJ preamp and again the Luxman was good it wasn't as good as the other two preamps. 

We have not heard the newest Luxman gear that is reported to be very good, however, is it as good or better than any of the other gear in that price point it is about to you to decide.

Here is a picture of our showroom at the time you can see the Luxman
https://www.google.com/search?q=audio%20doctor%20chic%20pea&newwindow=1&client=aff-maxthon-
m...
:

The Pass Labs amplifiers are definatly on the wamer side of things and yes you generally get greater clarity and speed with the Ch Precison, Vitus class, Soution products, again not hearing these particular Luxman pieces we have no idea, people do really seem to like them. 

You should get a home demo of the Luxman gear to see for yourself.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ

Well I have the luxman combo (actually a pair of m900's now) and have owned both the Ref 6 and Pass 250.8 - we probably have the same dealer. PM me if you want my two cents worth.
i have a C-900u preamp that I adore. It replaced and exceeded the following; latest dartzeel pre, ml 523 and jrdg corus. simply more refined and musical. joy to use as well. not at all dark and without coloration.
i surprisingly liked the ml very much. less depth i thought but still a winner i could easily live with it.
purchase of an m-900u amp in near future too.