Upgrade from Classe SSP 800 processor

Hey there,
I’ve been using the Classe SSP 800 in my dedicated home theater room for a while now and while its sound quality is spectacular I think it’s time for me to explore a new current processor that can decode new surround sound formats eg Dolby Atmos, DTS-X, Auro 3D, etc.
Any suggestions?

My SSP 800 has been used strictly for surround sound (home theater) as I do have a separate dedicated stereo setup and system in a separate two-channel listening room. So that said, the new processor will also be used strictly for home theater (surrounds).

My current home theater gears are the following :
* Oppo UDP 205.
* Sony 4k OLED tv (85").
* Classe SSP 800.
* Classe Delta CAM-600 monoblock amps to power my front LR speakers.
* Classe Delta CAM-300 monoblock amp (single) to power my center speaker.
* Classe Delta CA-2300 five-channel amp to power my surrounds.
* B&W 800 D3 front speakers.
* B&W 800 HTML1 D3 center speaker.
* B&W 804 D3 & 805 D3 for surrounds.
*JL Audio Gotham subwoofer.
* 2 of Audioquest Niagara 7000 power product.

I am going to start working on remodeling my dedicated HT room in order to accommodate additional overhead speakers for Atmos setup. And when I get a new processor I will also need to get additional multi-channel amps to power additional speakers necessary.
I might get rid of my B&W 804 D3 & 805 D3 surround speakers and get the B&W 800 D3 in-wall or on-wall speakers for surrounds instead. 

Any ideas as to what new av preamp processor to get? The one that’s capable of decoding Dolby Atmos & DTS-X. But I'm keeping all the Classe Delta series power amps and will need additional multi-channel amps to power additional overhead speakers etc possibly another Classe amps. 

Thanks in advance guys.

caphill
@rshad0000 

How is the Lyngdorf MP-50 working out for you in your setup and system? I'm sure it should be fully broken in by now. 
Mine is doing excellent in my dedicated HT setup/system and is fully broken in now. 

Caphill and rshad000,

I’d appreciate any opinions on the Lyndorf’s 2ch performance.
My plan is to update my Classe ssp800. I currently have my Aurender a10 into the Classe/analog bypass, therefore using the a10’s dacs. I’m quite happy with the results.

It’s a bit of a bummer that the lyngdorf do not have analog inputs.
I’d hate to think that the Lyngdorf/A10 combo wouldn’t better the classe/A10.

Thanks...
@btw22 
@rshad0000 

I don't usually listen to 2ch music in my dedicated HT room as I do have a separate 2ch setup and system in a separate 2ch listening room. 
So I'm using my HT processor strictly for surround sound movies (4K UHD bluray & Blu-ray Disc playbacks) and some bluray concert bluray and 4K UHD & bluray musical films. But I have tried the SSP 800 for stereo music playbacks before and it performed very well for an AV preamp processor. Yes, the Lyngdorf MP-50 does not have any analog inputs. I recently tried the MP-50 stereo performance for music using its built-in DAC of course. I hate to say that the Classe SSP 800 still sounded better. Even when used for surround movies the SSP 800 is still superior in my setup and system. The SSP 800 has more body and volume and just sounded right and had the right amount of bites. In my very own setup / system the Lyngdorf MP-50 sounded lean, thin, brighter and somewhat fatiguing at times and lacking body and volume in comparison to the SSP 800. But with the Room Perfect properly calibrated the clarity, details and resolution on the Lyngdorf is excellent when used for surround sound movies, and so is the SSP 800. But IMO the Lyngdorf slightly edges out the SSP 800 in clarity and resolution with the Room Perfect properly set up and calibrated but it's bright kinda thin lean sounding in comparison to the SSP 800, at least in my very own setup and system. Overall the SSP 800 is more balanced throughout the spectrum, smoother and more refined than the Lyngdorf. But the Room Perfect in the Lyngdorf is pretty good and effective be it's easy to navigate and use and will make it easier for end users to re-calibrate when you change speakers or speaker placements or change power amps, etc.

Frankly I kinda regreted selling my SSP 800 and I missed its excellent sound quality. The main reason I got rid of the SSP 800 was because I wanted Dolby Atmos and DTS-X. That's why I ended up with the Lyngdorf. And Dolby Atmos & DTS-X will give you different surround sound experiences than regular surround sound experiences (DTS HD MA, Dolby True-HD, Dolby Digital, DTS).
Now I'm seriously thinking to sell my Lyngdorf and get either the Audio Control Mastro 9 or the Datasat RS20i or the Trinnov Altitude 16 or 18. I've heard great things about the Audio Control Maestro 9 being superior sonically to the Lyngdorf MP-50 and both the Audio Control Maestro 9 and the MP-50 are the same price. And the Audio Control Maestro 9 also decodes Dolby Atmos, DTS-X & Auro 3D and supports 4K pass through, hdcp 2.2, HDR & Dolby Vision on the video side. 

I was told by a reliable source that Classe is going to release the replacement for the SSP 800 possibly in 2020 and it will be bad ass but it will be very expensive possibly around $16k to $20k. Don't know what it's going to be called yet. 
It will probably be the best of the best. We shall see. When it happens I will most likely upgrade again. 

So btw22 I'm sure the DAC in your Aurender A10 is way superior to that of the Lyngdorf MP-50 of the SSP 800. But since the MP-50 does not have analog inputs so your current configuration with the SSP 800 in bypassed mode using the DAC in your A10 going analog into the SSP 800 will be superior sounding in comparison to the A10 going digital into the MP-50. 
Keep your SSP 800 for now if you don't need Dolby Atmos, DTS-X or 4K pass through & HDR, etc. 

@btw22
@rshad0000

Don’t get me wrong, the Lyngdorf MP-50 is veer good especially when its Room Perfect properly set up and calibrated. The RP made big difference it helps stirring the surround sound better than the SSP 800. The clarity, resolution, details are also excellent on the Lyngdorf. I would say both processors are comparable when it comes to details and resolution but the surround sound movies felt more immersive on the Lyngdorf especially those formatted in Dolby Atmos or DTS-X if you have Atmos setup with overhead ceiling speakers. The SSP 800 does not decode Atmos or DTS-X. However, the SSP 800 has more body volume and more refined sounding overall and smoother. It's more balanced throughout the spectrum and if sounded just right al least in my very own setup and system. 

I wished the Classe upgraded the SSP 800 boards with software and hardware upgrades in order to accommodate supports for Dolby Atmos, DTS-X & Auro-3D.
I would have kept using the SSP 800 if that was the case.