up to $2,500 to spend............

At crossroads....need input...

Lets say....if one has a budget of $2,500 to spend. Thinking of other digital playback options besides SACD or CD Player route.

Though not a newbie...I am not tech inclined and prefer a system that is simple. I have all the cabling neccessary for dedicated cdps...ie...rca interconnects...a nice powercord. Don't need super convenience of accessing music/songs at a mere touch of the Ipad etc etc. I really am ok with getting up to change Cds (remote a must though). I am fine with just sacd or cd (95 percent of my collection is redbook cd)...having to do without  spotify or tidal is fine...at least for next 5 years. 

I am after a certain SQ though. Rich and full bodied sound...I listen to jazz vocal and acoustic instrumental almost exclusively. Smooth non etched top end. Detail is nice but I am ok with sacrificing some detail for an overall smooth non fatiguing listening experience.

Am I able to get into other options in digital playback with the above budget or should I stick with the good olde SACD/CD player?

Thanks!

pc123v

Showing 1 response by williewonka

+1 for the schiit

I have the Bifrost and it kicks most other dacs up to $2k into touch

It  comes in a multi-bit as well

Then the Gungnir is the next model up that has multi bit and finally the Ygdeassil.

Great quality and the Bifrost responds very well to good cables.

One issue with the Bifrost and Gungnir is the USB port - I bypassed it by using a v-link192 to improve performance.

Yggdrassil not have  the same port issue - the port does not rely on usb power

Regards