Ultimate Rips to DSD in 2021 - Price, Effort and File Sizes No Object

There are a few threads on ripping vinyl to computers for various ratios of convenience vs quality.  But as technology continues to march on, I find myself craving hiqh quality files that I can easily transfer from home to car to office and/or traveling.  For example, it would be wonderful to have bit perfect files of my entire record collection.  Recently, I have discovered the RME ADI-2 DAC, a german DAC which seems to have a cult following in the music and studio business and it decodes DSD.  It is also available with an A to D function.  This made me wonder how hard it would really be to start with a great turntable, catridge and phono pre amp....go into such an A to D device, and rip full size, uncompressed files in DSD?  For anyone who wanted to save space on their android or whatever, they could at least have a reference quality, "archive" of the vinyl, and then compress those files for travel?  With so much digital and streamed music sounding so bad, I don't understand why this isn't a more popular topic?  Please do tell and I hope to get set up soon.
cwlondon

Showing 1 response by mike_in_nc