Two more used Adcom GFA-555s or start over?

I am currently using a Denon 2910, Outlaw pre/pro and a single Adcom GFA-555. So far I have been listening two channel only via Paradigm Studio 100's. I have the matching Studio center speaker (the model # escapes me) and a HSU VTF3. I am looking to put together the missing pieces, starting with the amplification.

Should I purchase used Adcoms or start over with a multi channel amp like an Outlaw? I will use the system for mostly DVD concerts and multi channel audio. I just purchased several SACD and DVD-A after researching on Audiogon. I have enjoyed all of them; Dire Straits "Brothers in Arms", Elton John "Captain Fantastic...", Steely Dan "Gaucho", etc.

All suggestion will be greatly appreciated.
wahoo_envy

Showing 1 response by jeffreybehr

I Highly recommend the Outlaw 200WPC multichannel amps. I'm using a 7-channel version, the 770, in my high-end multichannel-audio system and I'm VERY pleased with it. They're available as 'B-stock' units often for a couple hundred$ less; mine looked perfect.

It uses an IEC-type removable powercord with the 20-amp connector at the amp, and those ARE available aftermarket. Also, you'll be pleased with its normal 5-way binding posts instead of those plastic-shrouded abominations that B&K uses (because the EU makes them because B&K wants to sell there). Sounds very good, too.

Read the reviews and BUY one. BTW I urge you to buy the one with two 'extra' channels, as you never know when you'll want to use them--I'm driving 3-and-2-half channels with 6 channels, biamping my Eminent Technology-12 centerchannel with dipole woofer AND the bass boxes of my ET8s.